Meet a successful tech businessman who exclaims, “I’m finally doing what I enjoy!” You’ll hear how his reinvention was guided by a passion that’s been with him since childhood. And how his encore career is helping people turn past failure and mistakes into enduring wisdom and hope for others.
In this episode of Reinvention Success Stories you’ll meet David Mezzapelle the founder of the Contagious Optimism movement and the author of Contagious Optimism, a bestselling book series.
From the time he was a child he loved hearing people’s stories. As an adult his interest in stories continued as he experienced career success in Technology. Encouraged by his Alma Matar, Fairfield University, to write a book about his contagious optimism his passion for stories was reignited and his reinvention was underway.
Listen to or Download David’s Story:
During this episode we focus on:
- The structure of inspiring stories: obstacle/adversity + perseverance +wisdom gained and shared.
- The power of childhood passions.
- Embracing failure as a doorway to wisdom.
- The gift of inspiring stories = HOPE
David’s Gem of Wisdom:
Be a realist and an optimist.
“People tend to say, “I’m not an optimist, I’m a realist.” My response to that is, you can be both and you should be both. If you’re just an optimist, you’re in the clouds; and it you’re just a realist you’re almost negative – you’re generally focusing on something negative. When you approach reality with effort, hard work and positive thinking that’s where your success is found.”
- Learn more about David and Contagious Optimism: www.ContagiousOptimism.com
- Click Here for David’s book, Contagious Optimism
- Click Here – Listen to this episode on iTunes